Getting to the South Pacific from North America or Asia is not a short trip, as you can see, it’s a minimum of 10 hours flight time to Fiji. But for those who live in Eastern Australia or New Zealand, the flights to Fiji are much more manageable, which is one reason why the Kiwis and Aussies are so fond of spending their holidays in Fiji.
Fiji’s Major Airports
See also: Our GoVisitFIJI: Fiji Island Guide.
NAN – Nadi International Airport
Nadi International Airport is Fiji’s primary airport and main international flight gateway, handling 96% of all annual international passengers, with about 30 international flights to Fiji scheduled daily.
Nadi Airport’s Arrivals and Departure Terminals amenities include duty free shops, airport lounges, restaurants and luggage check services.
The airport is only a few minutes drive from the Denarau Island resort area popular with many tourists, and Port Denarau / Denarau Mariana is where travelers can arrange transfer services to the Yasawa and Mamamuca Islands via ferry services.
SUV – Nausori International Airport
Nausori is the second major International Airport on the Eastern side of the main island of Viti Levu in Fiji, and is located just 30 minutes (by car) from the country’s capital city of Suva.
Inter-Island Airports in Fiji
Tip: sign-in to a Google account to see the airports and island airfields starred on the map above.
- ICI – Cicia Airport, Lau Islands, Eastern Division of Fiji
- KDV – Vunisea Airport, Kadavu Island, Eastern Division of Fiji
- KXF – Koro Island Airport, Lomaiviti Island Group in Fiji
- LMG – Labasa Airport, Vanua Levu Island, Northern Division of Fiji
- LKB – Lakeba Island Airport, Lau Islands, Eastern Division of Fiji
- LEV – Levuka Airfield / Bureta Airport, Ovalau Island, Lau Island Group in Fiji
- MFJ – Moala Island Airport, Moala Islands / Lau Island Group in Fiji
- ONU – Ono-i-Lau Island Airport, Lau Island Group in Fiji
- SVU – Savusavu, Vanua Levu Island, Northern Division of Fiji
- TVU – Matei / Taveuni Island Airport, Vanua Levu Island Group in Fiji
- RTA – Rotuma Island Airport, a Fijian Dependency in Western Division of Fiji
- VBV – Vanuabalavu (Vanua Balavu), Lau Islands, Eastern Division of Fiji
International Airlines With Flights to Fiji
Fiji Airways is the country’s main national air carrier, though a number of major airlines fly into (NAN) Nadi, though FIJI Airways and others offer direct flights into Savusavu (SVU) on Viti Levu from some major cities.
Fiji Airways operates codeshare flights with American Airlines, Delta on major routes from the US, and these same flight are often also marketed by some international partners listed below.
Flights to Fiji from Australia and New Zealand are served by several of the major airlines below. Jetstar Airways is low-cost airline, wholly owned by the Qantas group in Australia/NZ. Jetstar Asia & other Jetstar subsidiaries are operated as Qantas partnerships/minority stakes.
Upon landing in Nadi, the majority of travelers visiting Fiji connect to other island airports via domestic airways or fly with private transfer services.
- Air New Zealand
- Air Vanuatu
- Cathay Pacific
- FIJI Airways
- Jetstar Airways
- Korean Air
- Solomon Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Domestic Airlines With Flights to Fiji Islands
Regional jets and prop engine planes that fly between NAN and SVU on Viti Levu to Vanua Levu and other islands in Fiji.
- FIJI Link (operated by FIJI Airways)
- Northern Air
Charter Plane Services, Scenic Flights & Helicopter Tours In Fiji
More remote islands and exclusive resorts in Fiji typically means that travelers have to fly in via charter services, and transfer from the larger island airports via seaplane, private planes or helicopter transport.
Many resorts have a helicopter landing area, or small plane / private landing strips and will help arrange traveler pickups and transfers as part of their guest services.
- Turtle Airways – Seaplanes
- Pacific Island Air – Seaplanes, Helicopters, Charters
- Island Hoppers Helicopters
- Helitours Fiji